Tuesday, 31 July 2012

First time riding

I couldnt ride Theo because of my backproblems. I am so happy my back feels better since I am treated with a painblock... Sunday... It has to happen today. I want to ride Theo. In the paddock. My back feels ok and Theo always feels right. Saddling him, he's very relaxed. Bitless keeps him relaxed. Cor arranges a high step-on. I am only 1.60 m and Theo is 1.68, so to get on is a challenge. But I manage and Theo stands still when I get up. First we use the lungeline, but it feels so safe and Theo is so relaxed. I feel incredible happy on his back. He steps just fine and a bit later we trot. It is so long ago I was riding. And now, on my own horse. I can tell you that is magical. He's such a good boy and I feel very comfortable. Later I realise I didn't think of how high he is, or that I was riding him bitless. It is just perfect. Theo is aware I am on his back and he's careful, he is concentrated and relaxed at the same time. This is the first time I ride him and I am so aware of that. A dream come true. There will be many many times following.

Here's the link to a short video Riding Theo 


8 comments:

  1. He understands you and you, him. He is gentle with you and loves you...Trust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment April. It's wonderful.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very proud and happy that driving on Theo was so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to share it with you, Cor x

      Delete
  4. Theo is a beautiful horse! What is his breed?

    ReplyDelete